We have been lucky enough to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Becky Ellis who runs the blog https://beckysbubblesblog.wordpress.com
There are a lot of nice recipes and wine recommendations on her blog so well worth a visit (or why not two, three or more).
The following rules are associated with the Liebster Award:
- Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award that have fewer than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
My 11 Questions from Becky:
1. What was the catalyst for you to become a blogger?
The idea behind our blog was to share our journey of starting a wine business (with very little industry experience) in the monopoly driven Nordic countries. We also wanted to share our passion with interesting recommendations on wine, food and coffee.
2. Do you prefer books, magazines or e-books and why?
I must say that there is something special with a real book. I like the browsing, flipping of pages and that it somehow feels more real than an e-book and more lasting than a magazine.
3. Favorite champagne glass – flute or coupe?
Actually neither, I prefer a larger wine glass. My absolute favorite is the white wine glasses from Austrian glass maker Zalto, see http://www.zaltoglas.at/de_sort_weis.php
4. Item in your kitchen you can’t live without.
The Coravin. It is the best wine-investment ever.
5. Where do you go to relax?
I love to sit on the balcony (all Finns do), with a cup of coffee and look out at the water.
6. Advice for a beginning blogger?
Decide what you want to achieve with the blog, make it clear what topics you will cover and stick to that.
7. Who inspires you to continue blogging and why?
All the great bloggers out there. It is one of my favorite things on quiet moments to read some blogs and gather inspiration. Bloglovin is a great app to keep up with whats happening on other blogs. One of the big inspirations is Talk-a-vino who has an excellent blog where he manages to write about wine in an inspiring and knowledgeable way without sounding snobbish.
8. Favorite food and wine pairing?
Will go for the fun recommendation from champagne guru Richard Juhlin and say champagne with bacon and eggs.
9. Favorite celebratory beverage?
Nice dry sparkling wine, currently it would likely be the Rimarts 40 month Gran Reserva. Rimarts is a wonderful Cava producer that will also be featured in our selection this summer.
10. Where would you like to travel that relates directly to your blog?
I would like to do a proper tour of Sonoma and Napa. Our last trip was just a scretch on the surface and tasting all the great wines from the region makes me feel California has so much to offer.
11. What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
The tasting menu at the Ledbury in tough competition with the New Year’s Eve tasting menu at Kitchen Table. Both wonderful restaurants in London.
I nominate the following very nice blogs for the Liebster award:
Here are your 11 questions to answer:
1. Which country is your favorite wine country?
2. What other blog would you recommend in addition to your own blog?
3. If you are not drinking wine, what are you drinking?
4. What is your favorite wine accessory?
5. Name your favorite wine bar and why it is your favorite?
6. What was it that made you interested in wine?
7. What is your goal with blogging?
8. For your last meal ever what would you like to have?
9. What is your favorite sparkling wine?
10. How many bottles of wine do you have at home?
11. What is your worst wine purchase ever?