It is almost Christmas. Doesn’t really feel like that here in Vietnam, but the calendar does not lie. Christmas eve is tomorrow. I am a bit on holiday mood as well, so I thought about sharing a few of my favorite champagne quotes with you. Makes for good dinner table conversations (and to be honest, I am feeling a bit un-creative). So here you go, words from (wise) men and women, all connected by a love for the French bubbly.
- “Remember, gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s
Champagne!” Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain, (1874 – 1965).
- “My only regret in life is that I did not drink more Champagne.”
John Maynard Keynes, American writer (1883 – 1946).
- He who doesn’t risk never gets to drink champagne.”
An old Russian proverb (does this mean I risk it every week?)
- “Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right.”
Mark Twain, American novelist (1835 – 1910)
- “In Success you deserve it and in defeat, you need it,”
I agree with every one of them!
Have a warm and bubbly Christmas!